NebraskaLink provides a state-of-the-art fiber optic network throughout the state of Nebraska. This infrastructure and investment allows for unequaled service to the business community where high reliability and dependability are key. We provide diverse, robust, and innovative technology solutions at competitive rates with an emphasis on provider class internet connectivity and multi-site architecture. NebraskaLink has the staff and facilities to provide the solutions that fit your needs. Owned and operated in Nebraska; NebraskaLink is the communications company with the reliability and connectivity to help Nebraskans succeed.
Contact Us Form
3900 NW 12th Street Suite 100 Lincoln, NE 68521
24×7 Technical Support:
888-400-2810 *Please have your Circuit ID(s) ready.
We are open:
Monday through Friday: 8AM – 5PM
Current Job Openings
Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com
Business Support Specialist
NebraskaLink is a statewide optical fiber network operator that is based in Lincoln, Nebraska. The company supplies Direct Internet Access, Ethernet transport, special access, private line, and optical carrier services to enterprise and wholesale customers. NebraskaLink prides itself on offering its employees an opportunity for a challenging career in a team-oriented, customer focused environment. As a fast-growing company, we are always on the lookout for ambitious people with a positive attitude and commitment to being the best they can be. A motivated individual fulfilling this role will find excellent and varied opportunities for advancement within the Company. Come be a part of NebraskaLink’s success story!
Job Description: The Business Support Specialist is responsible for processing orders, pricing opportunities, coordinating supporting vendors, and ensuring customer orders successfully route through our systems. The Business Support Specialist also assists in customer support and light office administrative duties as needed.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENING: http://www.ondemandassessment.
- Responsible for processing orders for Enterprise, Government and Wholesale Sales and initiating orders in the CRM and circuit inventory systems.
- Responsible for processing opportunities to include reaching out to appropriate contacts, both internally and with various partners, to determine underlying costs and pricing structure.
- Accountable for precise data entry of orders and opportunities, ensuring extreme accuracy.
- Place orders with third party vendors and forward information to appropriate parties for further processing.
- Assist with weekly updates to national customers.
- Assist with Requests for Proposals as assigned by supervisor.
- Assist with reporting and research as assigned by supervisor.
- Perform other functions and duties as may be directed or assigned, especially in relation to sales and order support.
- Highly Organized
- Accuracy and attention to detail is required for success in this position
- Effective communicator – both written and verbal
- Flexible and willing to adapt to change
- Associates degree or related experience will be given preference
- General financial/accounting understanding or telecommunications experience is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (emphasis on Excel).
- Indoor work with limited exposure to outdoor elements.
- Lifting of up to 25 lbs. occasionally.
- This position is located in the company offices in Lincoln
NebraskaLink is an equal opportunity employer
Telecommunications Project Manager
NebraskaLink is a Communications Company providing a state-of-the-art fiber optic network directly linking over 60 rural Nebraska communities to the larger urban communities both inside and outside of Nebraska.
We provide competitive pricing, diversified routing, and redundant facilities to local governments, educational institutions, healthcare, financial, manufacturing and agricultural industries as well as wholesale carriers and internet service providers.
Due to the ever-changing landscape of the Telecommunications industry, NebraskaLink is looking for a Project Manager to drive our many internal projects to completion. The PM is responsible for leading the delivery of projects from initiation to completion. The PM will be required to create reports to management, deliver projects on time & within budget, and complete formal project closeouts. The PM will be expected to not only manage the delivery of projects but also take the Lead role on many of the higher priority projects.
- Identify project stakeholders, project requirements, and overall timelines
- Manage and coordinate with project team to define scope, schedule, budget and risks
- Document the communication plan, change management plan and escalation plan
- Define team member roles and responsibilities, monitor team performance and ensure project resources receive the training required to perform their duties
- Review and manage all change requests according to the defined change management processes
- Lead project meetings, status calls, coordinate project activities and manage stakeholder
- Provide regular project status updates including project progress toward achieving the objectives defined in the Project Charter
- Ensure the project management software tools are being updated in a timely manner
- Provide sign-off for phase and project completion; document project outcome and lessons learned
- Attention to detail a must
- Ability to work in a Team environment
- Ability to Manage cross functional teams
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to present to Management
- Self-Motivated and Self-Starter
- Strong knowledge of Telecommunications technologies and products
- Understand the project life cycle
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or PMP Certification a plus
- Certification in project management or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
- Knowledge of project management techniques, software and tools
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Telecommunications Knowledge a plus
NebraskaLink is an equal opportunity employer