The little details that make us who we are as a company. This is what we’re all about, and what makes us different. Don’t take our word for it, see for yourself.View them
We are dedicated to serving our customers.
This is the lens through which we make all decisions. We listen to our customer’s requests, we understand their expectations, and we strive to exceed them.
We love results, so do our customers, nothing speaks louder.
We believe in personal and corporate accountability for actions and results, we find solutions, we keep our promises. If we say we are going to do it, we do it, on time.
Our goal is to exceed their expectations.
We show pride in our work. From the way we design our network to the way we install, monitor and test our services, it is clear that excellence is the standard. We require the same in our vendors, partners, and products.
Our people are our #1 asset.
Our ability to attract, develop, and retain the very best will be what makes us successful. We invest in our employees, knowing they will be with us for the long run.
Only the best will do.
We will always do the right thing. We will not take the easy way out, we will be accountable for our actions.
We treat others as we expect to be treated.
Not everyone will think, look, or act like us, but everyone has value to contribute. We take the time to understand the perspective of others, and treat everyone with dignity.
WORK HARD, HAVE FUN.
an unstoppable combination.
We work hard, we go the extra mile, we get the job done. We also believe that a fun work environment will help us do our best. Together these qualities make us unstoppable.
Why We Exist.
Enabling Businesses Throughout Nebraska and Connecting Nebraskans to the World.
our sales team.
We are always looking for great talent! Please send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
Network Technician I
The Network Technician I position assists in provisioning, order turn-up, testing and circuit closeout for all customer and internal circuits on an all fiber optic Statewide Network. The position requires the technician to work with internal NebraskaLink personnel as well as numerous state and nationwide partners to insure quality and dependability. The Network Technician I will also perform first line daytime (or afterhours if needed) NOC and troubleshooting services within the Operation’s department. The Network Technician I position will report to the Engineering Manager within the Operations Department.
- Associates or Technical Degree in Telecommunications, Computer Science or other related field or a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a WAN related or other data communications position.
- Experience in Layer 2 transport and Layer 3 is preferred
- Knowledge of networking and TCP/IP v4 & v6
- Knowledge of full suite of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Visio, etc.)
- Previous NOC or circuit provisioning experience a plus
- Attention to detail
- Good time management
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to work through challenging situations
- Good problem solving & troubleshooting skills
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Ability to affectively work with NLK team members, partners or vendors in emergency situations
- Ability to weigh all options and make sound decisions in normal or emergency situations
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to learn and manipulate multiple software programs for circuit provisioning, network monitoring, network assurance and troubleshooting
Responsibilities & Duties
- Pre-testing of customer/internal circuits as assigned
- Circuit and Network provisioning as assigned by Engineering
- Assist OSP in testing and turn-up of customer circuits
- Verify accuracy of order details before closeout
- Perform all circuit closeout tasks assigned
- Daytime first responder for NOC services and customer troubleshooting (afterhours may be required)
- Monitor System alarms
- Check in and/or order equipment
- Update/True-up of inventory management software
- Assist Engineering Department in core backbone equipment install, turn-up & testing
- Upkeep and organization of Inventory room
- Hands and Feet for installs as needed by OSP
- All other duties assigned by management