The little details that make us who we are as a company. This is what we’re all about, and what makes us different. Don’t take our word for it, see for yourself.View them
We are dedicated to serving our customers.
This is the lens through which we make all decisions. We listen to our customer’s requests, we understand their expectations, and we strive to exceed them.
We love results, so do our customers, nothing speaks louder.
We believe in personal and corporate accountability for actions and results, we find solutions, we keep our promises. If we say we are going to do it, we do it, on time.
Our goal is to exceed their expectations.
We show pride in our work. From the way we design our network to the way we install, monitor and test our services, it is clear that excellence is the standard. We require the same in our vendors, partners, and products.
Our people are our #1 asset.
Our ability to attract, develop, and retain the very best will be what makes us successful. We invest in our employees, knowing they will be with us for the long run.
Only the best will do.
We will always do the right thing. We will not take the easy way out, we will be accountable for our actions.
We treat others as we expect to be treated.
Not everyone will think, look, or act like us, but everyone has value to contribute. We take the time to understand the perspective of others, and treat everyone with dignity.
WORK HARD, HAVE FUN.
an unstoppable combination.
We work hard, we go the extra mile, we get the job done. We also believe that a fun work environment will help us do our best. Together these qualities make us unstoppable.
Why We Exist.
Enabling Businesses Throughout Nebraska and Connecting Nebraskans to the World.
our sales team.
We are always looking for great talent! Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com
The Network Engineer is responsible for all assigned trouble tickets, circuit provisioning, customer orders, and maintenance activities during normal working and after hours. The Engineer serves as front-line communication with customers to ensure network needs are being taken care of in a timely and courteous manner. Responsible for provision circuits across the network and assisting in resolving fiber optic and IP networking equipment difficulties. Responsible for understanding Layer 3, BGP, and OSPF routing protocols.
- Two-year technical degree in telecommunications or related field required. Experience in related area may replace educational requirements.
- Understanding of DWDM technology required.
- Understanding of LAN/WAN networks required.
- Possess knowledge of IP Protocol, routing, switching, network management, and security.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Responsible for monitoring the NebraskaLink network, equipment, and customer circuits.
- Answers all customer inquiries and trouble tickets assigned by NOC personnel.
- Create and maintain Design Layout Records for new customer circuits and documentation for customer circuits in designated software databases.
- Create and maintain effective customer relationships, with customer satisfaction as the ultimate goal.
- Escalate trouble tickets to internal personnel and partner companies to correct service interruptions as needed.
- Responsible for provisioning of circuits across the NebraskaLink network.
- Assist customers to resolve fiber optic circuit and IP networking equipment problems. This includes monitoring and clearing of alarms from fault management systems while documenting work in trouble ticket applications.
- Ability to provision on multiple network equipment including but not limited to Cyan, Brocade, Telco Systems, Accedian, Nokia, and product lines.
- Work with NebraskaLink staff and vendors to troubleshoot IT systems and programs.
- Assist with installation and configuration of network and other IT equipment including servers, routers, switches, computers, monitors, and printers.
- Understanding of Layer 3, BGP, and OSPF routing protocols.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and backup procedures on various pieces of network equipment.
- Participate in an on-call rotation, work during scheduled maintenance windows and during network outages as needed.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting possible NebraskaLink capacity/network issues.
- Works with Director of Operations and Engineering Manager to provide 1, 3 & 5-year network plans.
- Performs other functions and duties as may be directed or assigned.