The little details that make us who we are as a company. This is what we’re all about, and what makes us different. Don’t take our word for it, see for yourself.View them
We are dedicated to serving our customers.
This is the lens through which we make all decisions. We listen to our customer’s requests, we understand their expectations, and we strive to exceed them.
We love results, so do our customers, nothing speaks louder.
We believe in personal and corporate accountability for actions and results, we find solutions, we keep our promises. If we say we are going to do it, we do it, on time.
Our goal is to exceed their expectations.
We show pride in our work. From the way we design our network to the way we install, monitor and test our services, it is clear that excellence is the standard. We require the same in our vendors, partners, and products.
Our people are our #1 asset.
Our ability to attract, develop, and retain the very best will be what makes us successful. We invest in our employees, knowing they will be with us for the long run.
Only the best will do.
We will always do the right thing. We will not take the easy way out, we will be accountable for our actions.
We treat others as we expect to be treated.
Not everyone will think, look, or act like us, but everyone has value to contribute. We take the time to understand the perspective of others, and treat everyone with dignity.
WORK HARD, HAVE FUN.
an unstoppable combination.
We work hard, we go the extra mile, we get the job done. We also believe that a fun work environment will help us do our best. Together these qualities make us unstoppable.
Why We Exist.
Enabling Businesses Throughout Nebraska and Connecting Nebraskans to the World.
our sales team.
We are always looking for great talent! Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com
The NOC Level I Technician position will be a key position within the Company’s Network Operations Center. This person will be responsible for providing Level I and potentially some Level II troubleshooting and technical assistance in the areas of our optical transport, Internet and IP based networks. This person will directly report to the Network Operations Center Supervisor, and will interface with the other work groups as needed
Successful Candidates should be able to:
- Punctuality, availability and reliability.
- Quickly and accurately triage customer issue/concern.
- Actively observe and monitor network alerts and alarms
- Ability to analyze and interpret network data.
- Proactively respond to trouble conditions.
- Above average written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks/assignments
- Customer facing communication required
- Willingness to increase network knowledge
- Ability to professionally resolve customer complaints and escalation issues
Salary: $15 – $18 / hour
College students encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities & Duties
Serve as the first point of contact for customers, partners and vendors in the event of an outage.
Analyze data to resolve network problems.
Able to professionally, promptly and consistently keep all stakeholders informed.
Provide documentation, notation and updates from start to finish of opened tickets.
Effectively and regularly communicate outages to other departments, vendors and customers.
Proactive network alarm monitoring and reporting.
Ability to work with internal and external staff/partners.
Support to Engineering Department and partner companies during maintenance windows.
Perform inventory duties as assigned.
Must be able to work a rotating shift.
Accountant - Accounts Receivable
The Accountant will assist in ensuring that the company receives payment for goods and services offered to clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software as well as other accounting software programs.
- Ability to operate related office equipment, such as computers, 10-key calculator, and copier.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred.
- At least two years of related experience required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
Salary non-exempt range – $31,000 to $37,000
Responsibilities & Duties
- Prepares, posts, verifies, and records customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
- Creates invoices according to company practices; submits invoices to customers.
- Maintains and updates customer files, including name or address changes, mergers, or mailing attentions.
- Drafts correspondence for standard past-due accounts and collections, identifies delinquent accounts by reviewing files, and contacts delinquent accountholders to request payment.
- Researches customer discrepancies and past-due amounts with the assistance of the Accounting Manager and other staff.
- Collaborates with the Accounting Manager to reconcile accounts receivable on a periodic (at least bimonthly) basis.
- Assists in generating monthly billing statements based on the general ledger.
- Assists Accounting Manager in reconciling revenue accounts each month.
- Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Copies, files, and retrieves materials for accounts receivable as needed.
- Relays changes of information to appropriate employees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
NebraskaLink, a 10-year-old company providing state-of-the-art fiber optic connectivity in both metro and rural areas, is seeking to augment its team with a Sales Engineer. NebraskaLink provides fiber-based data solutions to government, education, business and national carriers while offering its employees an opportunity for a challenging career in a fast paced, high tech, customer focused environment. A fast-growing company, NebraskaLink is on target to achieve growth levels in excess of 25% over the next three years.
- Have a solid understanding of layer 1 and layer 2 network capabilities and incremental costs associated with service delivery
- Be able to quickly and accurately document customer networks and propose solutions
- Have the ability to explain in plain English the technical and financial advantages of the proposed solutions
- Be able to grow and maintain technical and industry partnerships and contacts
- Be able to quickly develop an in-depth knowledge of the NebraskaLink network, our partner networks, and the associated costs in providing service across them
- Have better than average written and verbal communication skills
- Have and enjoy building relationships within the telecom industry
- Have a basic understanding of fiber construction principles
Salary Range $70,000-$90,000 with possible performance incentives
Responsibilities & Duties
Attend customer meetings and assist in the creation of cost-effective solutions to meet specific customer needs
Serve as a technical liaison between customer, sales staff, and other internal/external technical staff
Educate customers on NebraskaLink products and solutions
Provide guidance to internal staff on the customer’s networks and needs
Assist in determining fiber and network costs for proposed solutions
Analyze and provide recommendations pertaining to RFP/RFI and other technical requests
Assist in building new and better customer relationships while securing additional business
Provide assistance on other projects as needed
Business Support Specialist
NebraskaLink is a 10-year-old company providing state-of-the-art fiber optic connectivity in both metro and rural areas. We provide fiber-based data solutions to government, education, business and national carriers. NebraskaLink prides itself on offering employees an opportunity for a challenging career in a fast paced, high tech, customer focused environment. As a fast-growing company, we are on target to grow in excess of 25% over the next three years.
- Associates degree in Business or Accounting required. Experience in related area may replace educational requirements.
- General financial/accounting understanding required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (emphasis on Excel).
- Accurate and detail oriented
- Self-directed and takes initiative
- Effective communicator – written and verbal
Responsibilities & Duties
Responsible for processing orders for both Enterprise Sales and Wholesale Sales. Make determination on how to proceed with orders.
Responsible for processing opportunities for both Enterprise and Wholesale, including notification of appropriate contacts to determine pricing of structure, partner pricing, etc.
Accountable for precise data entry of orders and opportunities, responsible for double checking work to ensure accuracy.
Notify interested parties that orders exist, send orders to Enterprise or Wholesale for further processing.
Assist with Requests for Proposals as assigned by supervisor.
Assist with Sales Support projects, including reporting and data entry.
Answers telephone calls and greets the public as they enter the building. Answer questions and/or direct individuals to the proper personnel.
Performs other functions and duties as may be directed or assigned.
Network Technician I
NebraskaLink is a 10-year-old company providing state-of-the-art fiber optic connectivity in both metro and rural areas. We provide fiber-based data solutions to government, education, business and national carriers. NebraskaLink prides itself on offering employees an opportunity for a challenging career in a fast paced, high tech, customer focused environment. As a fast-growing company, we are on target to grow in excess of 25% over the next three years. The Network Technician I position assists in provisioning, order turn-up, testing and circuit closeout for all customer and internal circuits on an all fiber optic Statewide Network. The position requires the technician to work with internal NebraskaLink personnel as well as numerous state and nationwide partners to insure quality and dependability. This person will also perform first line daytime (or after hours if needed) NOC and troubleshooting services within the Operation’s department.
- Attention to detail
- Good time management
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to work through challenging situations
- Good problem solving & troubleshooting skills
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Ability to affectively work with NLK team members, partners or vendors in emergency situations
- Ability to weigh all options and make sound decisions in normal or emergency situations
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Must be able to learn and manipulate multiple software programs for circuit provisioning, network monitoring, network assurance and troubleshooting
- Education and Experience:
- Associates or Technical Degree in Telecommunications, Computer Science or other related field or a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a WAN related or other data communications position.
- Experience in Layer 2 transport and Layer 3 is preferred
- Knowledge of networking and TCP/IP v4 & v6
- Knowledge of full suite of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Visio, etc.)
- Previous NOC or circuit provisioning experience a plus
Responsibilities & Duties
- Pre-testing of customer/internal circuits as assigned
- Circuit and Network provisioning
- Assist OSP in testing and turn-up of customer circuits
- Verify accuracy of order details before closeout
- Perform all circuit closeout tasks assigned
- Tier 1 first responder for NOC services and customer troubleshooting (afterhours may be required)
- Monitor system network, equipment, and customer alarms
- Troubleshoot and remediate latency, packet loss, and performance optimization issues on circuits
- Update/True-up of inventory management software
- Assist Engineering Department in core backbone equipment install, turn-up & testing
- Upkeep and organization of Inventory room
- Hands and Feet for installs as needed by OSP
- All other duties assigned by management